Thursday, June 4, 2009

Aunt Judy's House

My Dad grew up in Washington D.C., which I think is pretty cool. It's such a cool city, and I think it would be fun to spend some extended time there, although I think it would be fun to spend extended time in a LOT of places.

My aunt Judy and Uncle Mal still live there, and have lived in their house for the last 40 years or so. I have vague memories of being there when I was a kid and have been able to visit them only a couple time over the last 10 years. Every year, they host an open house for Mal's pottery and Judy's batik scarves, and I showed some photography a number of years ago (where I first met Stephanie Wingo...hi Steph!), and I was supposed to participate last Christmas, but it didn't work out. You can read about that here.

Aunt Judy, or AJ, has never met my kids, so we just HAD to see her this trip. The kids and I headed to her place near Dupont Circle and had a wonderful time. We played on a nearby playground, found treasures and picked up lots of leaves in her backyard, and had the most yummy take-out pizza from one of the local restaurants. Wade was able to join us after work, and we all enjoyed some amazing ice cream with fresh cherries.

Judy and I had some great chats about family history and the Tyson family on my Dad's side of the family (who Tyson was named after). Thanks AJ for a great visit, and we can't wait to see you again!









No comments: