Monday, December 22, 2008

Washington DC

So this weekend, Ava and I were supposed to be in Washington DC. New York got hit with snow on Friday, so we planned to leave Saturday morning. Then I got hit with the flu bug right about 5pm on Friday night. Let's just say I was in bed at 6pm with a fever of 101.

Why DC? My aunt and uncle live there, and every year they have a Holiday Open House, and this year was the 41st annual. Malcolm Davis (aka Uncle Mal) is an amazing potter (just google him, you'll find him). Judy Davis (aka AJ) is my aunt and she does beautiful batik silks. Every year they invite other artists to join in the show and it's a great time.

They asked me to participate about five years ago and it was great. I showed a collection of my Paris black and whites photographs. Since we're in NY now, I was planning on going back this year to show more photography, but the snow and the 12-hour flu bug kept Ava and I from going. Like my Dad said, "I think the Lord saved you from a ditch." I know things happen for a reason, but I am so disappointed that we couldn't go.

Here's a sample of what I was going to show this year. The first series is a selection of the 2008 Bergdorf Goodman Christmas windows on 5th Avenue. They are so amazing in person. All the Christmas windows are amazing. I'm starting a new collection of Christmas window photographs that I hope to continue in the next few years!

The next series are some great vintage Chevy trucks from the great state of South Dakota. Love them! This is another collection of photographs I'm starting.

Hope you enjoy!!









2 comments:

wendy bristol photography said...

Hi friend! I just finished reading all your entries! I am so glad to see that you will be keeping us here in Colorado posted of all your adventures. :O)

Unknown said...

Hey Kristen! Kendall gave me your Christmas card. It was awesome and very creative. You take some of the coolest pictures, not to mention your children are extremely adorable. It's nice to be able to read your blog since I don't talk to you guys as much as Kendall does. You guys rock! Miss you all!