Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Date Night

One of my favorite things about having people visit, other than seeing our guests of course, is having a date night.

Typically if you come stay with us, you get the privilege of watching my beautiful and well behaved and perfect (OK, exaggerating JUUUUUSSST a little bit) children so Wade and I can have a night out.

Mom and Audrey were gracious enough to stay behind one evening. I got to ride the train in BY MYSELF, ALL ALONE, SOLO, and I even took a book with me. WOW!!

I met Wade and work and then we headed to NYC's Little Italy on Mulberry street and ate at Il Palazzo (151 Mulberry Street). ALL their pasta is homemade. The food was fantastic, and we sat in a little courtyard in the back which had a glass ceiling and a view of the surrounding brick buildings. Very "Rear Window" - esque.

Just check out our food. Man, I could only eat about 1/3 of it, but it was phenomenal. And yes, you see two glasses of wine in the last picture. BAD pregnant lady, BAD!!!! Don't worry Mom, I only drank 1/2 of it. Baby Gus is just fine.





PS. If you want to eat on Mulberry Street, I would recommend two other restaurants that have semi-outdoor seating right on the street so you can watch everyone walking by. The store fronts open up completely, so you're dining inside, but a bit al fresco.

Caffe Napoli,191 Hester Street (Hester & Mulberry)
Da Gennaro Ristorante, 129 Mulberry Street

Then head just a block down to Ferrara's (est 1892) for some of the best Gelato and coffee.

Ciao!!

1 comment:

Mary said...

Sooooooooooooo envious. Dinners in Little Italy were always almost surreal. But heck, the city has all the best restaurants...the little holes in the wall places are sometimes the best.