Monday, June 22, 2009

Water Day

Today was a perfect summer day. It was just me and four kids...two of my own, and my two nieces. Joanne was home packing all day for their move to Arizona next week, and Mom was at the eye doctor all morning, so I volunteered to take all the kids to the pool.

We swam, ate snacks, came home for lunch, put Tyson down for a nap, and washed my van, which by the way, took about 30 minutes to scrape off the 1700 miles worth of bugs splattered all over it. Then the girls just played in the front yard with the hose for about an hour.

Isn't summer wonderful???!!



Note to self and other photographers....

The first image above is a classic mistake that photographers can make. Know what I'm talking about?? Ya, not the best subject placement with the spraying hose water. :) So for you photographers out there, PAY ATTENTION to what is around your subject!! You don't want weird objects growing out of your subject's head (done that) or part of the bride's bouquet coming out of her nose (done that too).

PS. Some of you have commented or e-mailed me about driving from NY to CO, and I guess I forget to mention that my angel of a mother in law volunteered to drive with us, so sorry to knock over my own pedestal, but I'm not that brave!!! If I was, I'd bottle it, sell it and make millions.

No comments: