Friday, June 12, 2009

Swedish Cottage Marionette Theater

Yesterday we drove into the City (since it was raining) and went to the Peter Pan production at the Swedish Cottage Marionette Theater in Central Park. This place is so adorable! The cottage was actually made in Sweden and eventually found it's home in Central Park. I made reservations for us a couple weeks ago, because they do sell out quickly. The theater itself holds about 75 adults (but is usually filled with kids), and there really isn't a bad seat in the house, except for mine, which was front row squished on the outside. But I still really enjoyed it!








The Belvedere Castle is just up the hill from the theater, so Grandma and Grandpa took the kids to the top for the spectacular views of Central Park and the surrounding City.



We ended the afternoon at one of the many playgrounds Central Park has to offer, and Ava quickly made a friend to play with. I'm pretty sure tears were shed when we had to say goodbye.



The whole day was spectacular, but one of my highlights was after we left the park and picked up the car. We drove down to Greenwich Village (and yes, driving in New York City is something I REALLY do enjoy) and went to Magnolia Bakery for a half dozen cupcakes to bring home.

While Grandma and Grandpa were waiting in the van, I ran down the street to the Bakery, and while I was walking, SARAH JESSICA PARKER was walking towards me!!!!! She was talking on her phone, and I had one of those "oh my gosh" moments because I couldn't believe that was Sarah Jessica Parker facing me!!! She is soooo adorable on screen, and even more so in person. She even gave me a little smile, probably because I was staring. I am so star-struck. Can you blame me?? I watch too much of the E! channel.

1 comment:

Ryan and Janeen said...

I want to see Sarah Jessica Parker!! I'm so jealous!