Monday, June 15, 2009

Jones Beach

Yesterday was Grandpa's last day with us in New York...sniff sniff...so we tried our best to make it a good one! Since Rye is not really on the ocean, we headed to Long Island and spent the day at Jones Beach, which is on the Atlantic side of the Island. Lucky for us since it still a little bit off season, and because it was colder and windy, we had the entire place to ourselves. There were a few people in bathing suits, and there was even one crazy person out for a swim, doing laps up and down the beach.


The beach was just covered in these trash cans (which I LOVE and would love to have one for myself), so I imagine in high season, these beaches are packed.

As always, I have to hunt for cool signs and lettering...






Lots of fun things to do on the beach and Grandma of course got her feet wet in the Atlantic.





OK, can I just say how much I LOVE how curly Ava's hair gets when it's humid outside?? It reminds me of her perfect baby ringlets she used to have.


A rare family photo...


Tyson loves to stand on his head, for whatever reason, so he kept stopping on the boardwalk to take a headstand break!!


3 comments:

Marla Taviano said...

My Ava's hair gets curlier in the humidity too. :) Great pics!

Melissa said...

Love it! Hope I get to see ya again soon! :)

Unknown said...

I hope we never get to old for headstand breaks. But I'll confess, it's been a while since I've had one.