Saturday, February 14, 2009

To My Valentine

I'm sure Wade won't be happy about me posting this picture of him, because this is his professional, office, corporate (and well, everyday) look. I did some corporate headshots for his firm a while ago, and this was the first pic of him I found on my computer.

Wade, I love you, I love you, I love you. You still make my heart twitter, just like your first day when we met at work. You are my rock, you keep be grounded, and I would follow you anywhere. Thank you for my life and your provision, our children, and the many adventures we have shared. I love that you change diapers, I love your popcorn and chocolate chip cookies. I love your green eyes and sexy legs. I love you always.

So Wade and I have had a Valentine's Day tradition for the past 7 or so years. Because his track record at planning dates was not the best as something always tended to go wrong, we decided many years ago to forego the commercial pressures of Valentine's Day and we go out for fast food. We've done Arby's, KFC, Sonic, DQ, among others. The great thing about fast food on Valentine's Day?? You don't need reservations!! And it's cheap.

I guess this year we broke the tradition, sadly, but we did eat at our local deli down the street and had the most amazing Philly Cheesesteak sandwhich. Ahhh, I could dream about that sandwich. Let's just say that Rye has NO fast food joints in town. It must be against city code or something.

No comments: