Thursday, February 5, 2009

Quote of the Day

I know kids learn from what is modeled to them, which is often times a scary proposition for a parent. Good thing there is such a thing as grace in the world. Thank you Lord!

The last few days, I have been doing some deep cleaning, vacuuming, and cleaning whatever else I can get my cleaning paws on. I've hemmed 5 sets of curtains, deep cleaned the kitchen and started organizing the basement.

So today I decided to completely rearrange Ava's room. Why? Not sure, but I wanted to clean all the dust bunnies from under her bed and I guess I got carried away!

So Ava started cleaning the playroom, and she started organizing!! Never seen that before! The quote of the day is, "Mom, if I organize my room, it will be sooooo beautiful. Look at all my collections!"

So was she imitating what she's seen the last few days, or it is embedded in her DNA and is just starting to make an appearance?

Who knows, but it sure made my day.....




P.S. Thanks everyone for all your comments and well wishes for Tyson. His fever has finally broken, and it is no longer 102. Wow. He's still a bit lethargic, but he's on the mend. We've been enjoying our snuggles the past couple of days....

1 comment:

Joanne : The Simple Wife said...

Think some of it is how we are wired, but more is learning by example.