Friday, February 20, 2009

Projects

Who doesn't like a good looking fabric?? One of the things I have been looking forward to doing more in NY is sewing. With no photography business (for now), I have more time on my hands to try some other creative outlets.

Mom taught me how to sew when I was in junior high and I used to make a lot of my own clothes. I usually made skirts and dresses, but I have done an occasional shirt. I don't know if I'm brave enough to sew clothes again without Mom close by, so I'm sticking to sewing decorative things.

With my closest JoAnn fabrics 30 miles away with $10 in bridge tolls, I've had to resort to some other places to buy fabric as well. On-line, or IKEA (which by the way has a great fabric-by-the-yard section).

So here are some sample materials that I've purchased, washed, and will hopefully be creating into some cool things. I'll keep you posted as the projects are done!




3 comments:

Marla Taviano said...

The bigger the better. :)

Ryan and Janeen said...

My mom is coming into town for two weeks (Avery's nanny is on vacation) and she's giving me one of her sewing machines so I can FINALLY learn. I have a feeling every throw pillow in the house will have a new look by the time she leaves. Wish me luck!
Happy sewing!

Puva said...

I like the bigger ones! And those are really pretty pieces of fabric (: