Monday, January 5, 2009

Evil Chocolate Cake

I don't think I've ever been a believer in food being evil, but I honestly think this chocolate cake is evil. It made me eat a piece at 10am this morning, and then some more after lunch. So mean.

The cake came to me via my neighbors, and it came to them via a guest at their house-warming party on Saturday night. I don't know who brought it to them, but I must say I'm glad I don't live in Brooklyn because I would be frequenting the Betty Bakery more often than I should.

For those of you in Brooklyn, good luck resisting. May you have better willpower than me.





It's been a pretty quiet morning at the Haufschild house (other than sneaking bites of the evil cake when the kids aren't looking). I've talked to a potential preschool for Ava for the fall, and I finally transferred my Curves membership to NY. I'm going to need it after today's lack of willpower...

We also stopped by a kid's gym and a kid's enrichment place. One thing is for sure here in NY...there is no lack of activities and classes to enroll your child in. The only problem is that you have to pay for it. $300 for a gym class!!!!!

I'm reminded of something a good friend in Denver told me. Things (you fill in the blank) are good, but are they always the best? God, help me muddle through and pick what is best for my kids and family. Ephesians 5:15 "Be careful, then, in how you live --- not as unwise but as wise."

No comments: