Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!!

Happy birthday to me!! The big 3-4. Ouch. I got lots of phone calls today and lots of happy birthday's on my facebook page. Love it!!

So we hired our first babysitter tonight (first babysitter EVER), and it went really well. The kids loved her, and she's our neighbor (literally on the other side of the wall), so it worked out fabulous for everyone. I even came home to a homemade card that she made with the kids. It's awesome, and is hanging on the fridge.

So I rode the train into the City and read. Reading for pleasure...what's that like? It was a very peaceful 45 minutes. Again...awesome. I visited Wade's office which was fun to see, although I'm sure he gets tired of his office "in the middle" with no windows. Oh well. We ate at this awesome burger diner called The Primeburger. $5 burgers...in NYC!! Check it out if you're ever here. http://www.primeburger.com/ 5 East 51st Street in Midtown. I don't think the place has been updated in 50 years and it's awesome. As soon as you walk in, there's a picture of Sarah Jessica Parker sitting in a booth from an episode of Sex and the City. I am a bit of a Hollywood junkie, so it's fun to see pictures of famous people in places you go to.

And with our tradition, Wade and I took a picture of eachother with our dinner. This tradition started on our honeymoon and we try to do it on special occasions.


My next birthday request was ice skating in Central Park. I know the movies romantacize reality a bit (just a little bit), but it really was cool. Wade and I are fairly decent on ice skates, so it was fun. I even got to practice skating backwards. Wade even tied my laces for me....awwwww. The only birthday request he didn't do is spin with me on the ice. Something about his feet not created to spin........or something like that. Hmmm.





We walked down 5th Avenue on the way back to Grand Central and looked at all the store window displays. There are some amazingly creative and talented designers out there. The windows were AMAZING.
Tonight they also had the lighting of the tree in Rockefeller, but it was SOOOOOOO crowded we didn't even get to see it!
All in all, a fabulous birthday.

No comments: