Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Canoing on Lake Champlain

What could be better than walking out the door to 200 ft of shoreline that is all yours? And then going for a canoe ride at sunset?

Wade took both kids out (brave man), and surprisingly Tyson did really well and sat super still. Poor Presta though. She cried and whined the entire time they were out in the lake, and I'm sure I took a few days off my life as well with worry. What is it about becoming a mother than make you such a wimp? Has anyone else experienced that? I used to be more adventurous and brave, but when my kids are involved, I just can't help but think of the worst case scenario. I hate that. It drives me nuts because I can't turn my brain off. Have you ever made up such ridiculous scenarios in your head that you actually start crying at the thought? Please tell me I'm not the only one.

Luckily I'm not in control of my fate or that of my kids. Praise the Lord.








Later in the week, I actually got brave enough to take Ava out by herself in the canoe. And yes, I took my camera with me. A bit of a risk, but look at the great picture I got of her!

Fortunately, we didn't see "Champ", the Lake Champlain creature. Check out this video.....there are a lot of sightings!! Creepy. No wonder I don't like to swim in lakes.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

that video is creepy. oh, and no you're not the only one. i'm the worst at coming up with scenarios of what could happen to my children. it's a mom thing for sure. dads...they don't get it. i have to constantly remind myself who is in control. :)