Saturday, January 10, 2009

My Little Helpers

You know when you start doing something (whatever...you fill in the blank) that makes your life easier, and you say to yourself, "Self, why didn't I start doing this sooner?" I had one of those ah-ha moments this week.

The hardest time of day for me is ALWAYS late afternoon/early evening when I'm trying to make dinner and waiting for Wade to come home. Inevitably it is the time of day when I have someone at my feet who needs something, or me, RIGHT NOW!!!!

So I decided to give the kids jobs when it comes to getting dinner ready. Tyson gets the silverware and Ava gets the place mats. Tyson loves to run into the kitchen and how me what he's found, and we usually go over the colors of the silverware at the same time.

Self, why didn't I start doing this sooner???!!!!!


No comments: