Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Blush & Bashful

Who here has seen Steel Magnolias? I'm sure most have. You know the scene where Julia Robert's character is getting her hair done and she is describing the church's decor for her wedding? She says something about the sanctuary being draped in shades of blush and bashful. Then Sally Field's character says "That sanctuary looks like it's been hosed down with Pepto-Bismol."

Well, that's how Ava's room looks. I can't decide if it looks sophisticated in blush and bashful, or if it looks like a case of Pepto-Bismol gone wrong!! You tell me.

I guess if Ava gets sick in the middle of the night, all she has to do is look up at her ceiling and she should feel instantly better!

Anyway, we've had fun doing these paper puffs for her room. Go Martha Stewart...or Martha's hundreds of employees that come up with all those great ideas.












P.S. Tonight we're having a sleepover here with some of Wade's co-workers kids. We are having two boys over who are the exact ages of Ava and Tyson. We're getting excited! Check back tomorrow to see if we survived with 4 kids under the age of 4.

5 comments:

SweetP91 said...

Seriously, that is adorable! Of course, it doesn't hurt that you take artsy, incredible pictures. I love the Martha Stewart puff balls. I found a sight that sells fabric dragonflies/butterflies etc to hang from the ceiling for M's room. You inspire me to get them and actually get her room done!

Marla Taviano said...

LOVE her room! More pics please!

Bonnie said...

So so pretty !!!

Puva said...

That's a sweet room for a girl (:

Hello! I'm Puva (: I got here from Joanne's (The Simple Wife) blog. Nice to meet you (:

Lisa said...

Linked over from Joanne's site, and your daughter's rooom is beautiful! I've picked up some of the same puff balls at Michael's, I'm just wondering how you hung them? I saw your putty and scrap book paper in the photo and yours look so nice and flat against the ceiling. I can't quite figure out how to get that look. :)

You've done a really great job!