Monday, December 29, 2008

Rye Nature Center

This afternoon I woke the kids from their naps (later turned out to be a bad idea) to go the Rye Nature Center for their "meet the animals" hour. It's amazing to me how we encourage our children to do things that we ourselves would not do. Would I touch all these critters?? Probably not, but a boy of nearly two has no fear and touched everything. Ava on the other hand stayed with me and cried most of the time because she couldn't decide what she wanted to do and lost her opportunity on most. Plus I woke her up from a nap. Her naps are becoming fewer and fewer these days, so I won't make that mistake again.

Anyway, the presentation was fantastic and Tyson petted a snake, a bearded dragon, an African giant millipede, a turtle, and a bunny rabbit. The second picture down in the African millipede. Tyson practically grabbed it because he wanted to hold it. Notice the millipede is on paper towel...for good reason...apparently it poops when it gets nervous.

Quite the exciting afternoon!



1 comment:

Missy said...

Funny. . .I poop when I get nervous too. hahahahaha
I love reading your blog and as always, your pictures are great!!!